The (Solar) PanelWarmer System
NextStep Electric introduces the (Solar) PanelWarmer. Solar panels covered with snow? No need to wait for it to melt, or potentially damage your panels with a snow rake, or even spend the day trying to knock the snow off with a Nerf ball; just adhere our warming unit to the back of any panel and flick the switch. Easy!
NextStep Electric has partnered with a component company, STEP Heat to create an easy to use, easy to retro-fit solution for all solar panels in use today.
- UL Certified
- Used for floors, roofs and driveways for over 30 years
- Cost Effective
- Removes 5lbs of ice per sq ft in just 3 hours
- Does not heat above 80̊
- Utilizes 150W at max heat but can be set to lower temp to use less
- Can turn on manually or set automatic system
Each PanelWarmer Kit contains the following:
- 10 heating element (sized)
- Double-sided tape
- Charge Controller
- Connecting wires
The (Solar) PanelWarmer has been tested on both thin-film and non-flexible panels. Approximately 5lbs of ice was placed on each sq.ft. of the panel. The melting time for both panel types was just under 3 hours.